A WARM WELCOME
As we anticipate another beautiful summer season on the coast, providing a safe environment for our guests and team members’ well-being is our top priority. You will notice changes and new protocols intended to keep everyone safe as you enjoy days filled with sun, sand, family, and friends. While we do plan to offer the same warm hospitality, we will simplify and reduce guest and staff interactions:
- Touchless Curbside Check ins. Guests may Pre-Register and Receive Key Packets without ever having to Enter the Inn.
- Sea Glass Provisions are Available to Order Prior to Your Arrival
- Expanded Space Between Tables both Indoor and Outdoor at Sea Glass
- Social Distancing Guidelines will be Observed for Seating at the Pool, Outdoor Decks, and Throughout the Resort
- All Team Members will be wearing Face Masks for their Safety and the Safety and Comfort of our Guests
- All Team Members will receive our own Training on COVID-19 Safety and Sanitation Protocols that will also be supplemented with various in-state Certification Courses
- Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) Items will be Available for Guests upon Request, such as Gloves and Masks and each Guestroom will be pre-stocked with Hand Sanitizer
We are committed to the highest standards of personalized service, safety and cleanliness and are following the excellent advice and recommended protocols set by national, state and regional agencies (including CDC, American Hotel & Lodging Association, National Restaurant Association, International SPA Association, Hospitality Maine and the State of Maine). Each operating department has its own set of customized procedures designed to keep guests and team members safe. We hope this will put you at ease to enjoy a quintessential summer in Maine.
You can read more about the detailed steps each our departments are taking as you plan your visit to us.
We are proud to have been awarded AAA's "Best of" Housekeeping in 2020 and remain committed to outstanding housekeeping services and standards met through our brand requirements at Preferred Resorts, along with AAA.
Three tiers of housekeeping services will be offered to each guest:
- Housekeeping Arrival: Each guestroom will be carefully inspected and overstocked with various par items to ensure a safe and seamless arrival experience.
- Housekeeping Limited Service: Upon request, our team will access your room to provide service and restock linens and amenities. Guests requesting limited service should coordinate with Guest Services in advance. It is preferred that the room be vacant when staff enter/exit.
- Housekeeping Drop-Off: Fresh linens and towels along with any other requested amenities will be packaged and placed at your door upon request.
The frequency of cleaning and sanitizing has been increased in all public spaces with an emphasis on frequent contact surfaces. In addition, the frequency of air filter replacement and HVAC system cleaning has been increased and fresh air exchange will be maximized.
ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE
Our new curbside arrival process allows our guests to arrive safely through use of the Inn's curbside registration and parking guidance. Our guest services team will contact guests ahead of arrival to ascertain estimated arrival time, year/make/model/color of vehicle, and if assistance with luggage will be required.
Upon your arrival, you will receive a robust resort information packet, along with a post arrival comfort call to offer further assistance.
For luggage or valet service, our team will be available to assist upon request and will ensure all equipment used has been sanitized both before and after each use.
SEA GLASS DINING
- Seating capacity has been reduced in Sea Glass and The Fireplace Lounge based on recommendations provided by the CDC.
- Only Outside and In-Room Dining will be provided at this time.
- The spacing of tables has been adjusted to allow for six feet between tables
- Additional Adirondack chairs and fire table seating has been added to the front lawn
- All menus are pre-printed and presented fresh for each new diner
- Table and chair cleaning is done a minimum of five minutes between seating's, to ensure all state checklist cleaning requirements have been met
Pool & Beach
- All pool chaise lounge chairs have been preset in groups of two, with one table and umbrella offering a total of twenty-four available seats
- Beach chairs and umbrellas will be sanitized before and after each use by our associates
- Guests will be escorted to chaise lounges and chairs, as all are set six feet apart at the pool and beach
- Pool & beach towels will be distributed individually for sanitation purposes
Resort Summer Activities
- Many of our traditional summer activities complement wide open space on our ocean front property along Crescent Beach with access to Great Pond. Beach Ecology Walks, Garden Tours with Head Gardener Derrick Daly, and "A Bugs Life" guided tours for children are all available for guests of Inn by the Sea. We will also feature Adult and Family Yoga and Bike Rentals from late June through September.
- The SPA and Fitness Center will remain closed through June 30th due to current State of Maine re-opening guidelines. More details to follow.