What to Expect this Autumn at Inn by the Sea
Dear Friends of Inn by the Sea:
Welcome to the quiet season … fall is a beautiful time to visit the coast. Warm days and cool nights, leaves starting to turn and kids back in school-the quiet season is the favored time at the coast for many!
The fresh start to a new season is a time of optimism for positive change, and we want to make sure you know we care about you. The wellbeing of our guests and team have been at the forefront all year and have led to the addition of many modifications to our hotel operations. The Inn is Sharecare Health Security Verified with Forbes Travel Guide. This comprehensive third-party verification, of over 360 hygiene and safety protocols at the Inn, gives both visitors and staff assurance that we are putting safety first, now with COVID and into the future.
Some additional measures we remain committed to:
- All staff required to wear masks working indoors, during outdoor catered events, or when near guests outdoors
- Guests recommended to wear masks indoors, even if vaccinated
- Complimentary facial coverings offered for adults and children
- Floor plans in our dining and public spaces promote safe distancing
- Routine and thorough cleaning of all public space areas
- 2021 AAA Housekeeping Best of’ Housekeeping Award underline our standards
- Forbes Travel Guide Share Care Certification standards for the health and wellbeing of both guests and staff
- The health and well-being of our associates, guests, and vendors are top of mind as we are closely monitor the evolving COVID situation. We will continue to follow all current guidance from federal, state, and local authorities re mandates and or updated guidelines.
Fresh sea breezes, a beautiful stretch of beach perfect for coastal distancing, and calming ocean views are just some of the reasons guests return to the coast year after year. The popular nightly campfire with smores, daily yoga on the lawn, complimentary bicycles to cruise the coast, garden tours, and guided beach walks, are all back through Indigenous People’s Day. The popular dog pool “paw-ty,” where the pool opens to guest dogs (and closes for the season to people) will be October 1st through 18th this year. Two new SPA cabanas equipped with massage tables are located on our side lawn, available for a secluded and private outdoor, coastal experience. Enjoy a massage now through early fall al fresco!
We hope you will join us for craft cocktails in the lounge or savor Chef Chadwick’s fall menus in Sea Glass created for every appetite.
Please note new fall hours for Sea Glass service, effective 9/28/21:
- Breakfast - 7:30am – 10:30am daily
- All-Day Dining – 12:00pm – 9:00pm
- Lunch service closed on Tuesday and Wednesdays from 12:00pm –5:00pm
- Deck service closed for the season (as of 10/1)
In an effort to respect the space, privacy, and safety of registered guests, our Housekeeping Service Hours are as followings:
- Full day service service provided every other day during the hours of 9:00am-3:00pm
- Fresh towels and a full listing of general supplies are offered on a daily basis. Guests can contact guest services to coordinate a convenient delivery time
It is with great pride I share news of some of the awards and positive guest feedback our resort and dedicated employees continue to receive, including being selected for Travel & Leisure’s World’s Best Awards 2021 for Top Ten New England Resort Hotels; and USA Today’s 10Best in the USA- a triple hit being awarded with 10Best US Eco-Friendly Resorts, Luxury Hotel and Waterfront Hotel! We are grateful to our wonderful guests for their support of our hospitality team by casting votes for the Inn. Sea Glass restaurant’s deep wine cellar of over 2500 bottles and 350 labels has once again achieved Wine Spectator’s Award of Excellence.
On behalf of the entire staff, we look forward to welcoming you back for a fall visit to the coast.
Michael Briggs | Managing Director
We are proud to have been awarded AAA's "Best of" Housekeeping in 2020 & 2021 and remain committed to outstanding housekeeping services and standards met through our brand requirements at Preferred Resorts, along with AAA.
The frequency of cleaning and sanitizing has been increased in all public spaces with an emphasis on frequent contact surfaces. In addition, the frequency of air filter replacement and HVAC system cleaning has been increased and fresh air exchange will be maximized.
If you have any questions, please reach out to a member of our guest services team.